Applications must be mailed or brought into the centre in person. This only applies to candidates who wish to write the IELTS Test in Victoria, BC. Applications cannot be faxed or done through the internet. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Each application must include:
- 2 passport-style pictures, both signed on the back. See Guidelines below.
- A photocopy of your passport showing name, number, picture and expiry date
- Payment for test fee ($295.00 CDN)
- Addresses of institutions where you would like additional test results mailed (if applicable)
- Postage charges (if applicable)
Example of passport-style photos*
*Sample illustration from the Government of Canada. Not actual size. Please refer to guidelines below.
- Candidates must provide two identical colour photographs that are not more than six months old
- Black and white photographs are not acceptable
- Photos from a mall photo-booth are not acceptable
- The photographs must not be stamped, signed / written on, marked, folded, stapled over or damaged in any way
- Standard Canadian passport sized photograph: Minimum 35 mm in width; Minimum 45 mm in height
- A close-up of the head and top of shoulders (80%+ of the photo)
- Looking straight towards the camera with face square on
- Both ears showing or both edges of the face visible if hair covers the ears
- NOT personal portrait style (glamour shot)
- NOT looking over one shoulder
- Head not tilted or rotated
- Print quality of professional standard
- High quality paper and colour image
- No ink or marks on the image
Lighting & Focus
- No shadows or glare on the image or background
- Good colour balance that shows skin tones naturally
- A plain, light coloured background (beige, white, blue background recommended, not red)
- no objects in the background
- no patterned background
- Appropriate brightness and contrast
- Uniform lighting/ sharp focus and clear
- No 'red eye'
- A neutral expression with mouth closed
- no smiling, squinting, frowning or raised eyebrows
- Nothing covering the face
- Eyes open and clearly visible
- no hair covering the eyes
Headcovers, Clothing & Glasses
- Nothing should hide the outlines of the eyes, nose or mouth
- No glasses
- Head coverings worn for religious reasons are permitted
- Facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of face must be clearly shown
To apply for the IELTS Test in Victoria, BC, you need to send us your complete application form.
1. Download the Application Form
IELTS Test Application Form (PDF)
2. Return the complete Application Form (including 2 passport photos and a copy of your passport/PR card) to
Official IELTS Test Centre, 1290 Broad Street, Suite 200,
V8W 2A5 Canada, along with your payment.
See the Fees section for payment
For confirmation purposes, we do not recommend yahoo-based email accounts. Please provide an alternate email account such as hotmail or gmail on your application.